Reporting and Operations
Posted: December 2, 2009
Size of Organization:
- Verify that the vendor invoice has not been previously paid before processing the invoice for payment.
- Do not pay from statements if a vendor submits both invoices and statements.
- Require credit card statements be supported with invoices or receipts and spot-check credit card purchases.
- Require operational staff to approve vendor invoices before they are submitted for processing. If the invoice is above a specified dollar amount, require an additional approval by the staff’s immediate supervisor.
- Require that credit card statements and reimbursements be approved by the individual’s immediate supervisor.